Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

I've never really gotten into making a list of resolutions for the New Year but for some reason I feel like setting a few scrapping related 'goals' for 2009. For the last couple years I've felt less than productive when it comes to my scrapbooking and I've been trying to think of reasons why. In the past I've participated in challenges with some sort of goal-oriented end result and they really forced me to sit down and get to it rather than just think about it.

While reading my latest issue of Creating Keepsakes, I came across an article that really interested me. The idea surrounds the concept of taking at least ONE picture EVERY DAY for the entire year and then scrapping them. The album pages are broken down by week so that at the end of the year you would have 52 pages and a record of the day to day happenings of your life. I've fallen in love with this idea. I may not actually go so far as do make the weekly pages with what happened each day of the week etc but I'm totally into the taking the every-day pictures part. I tend to forget about taking pictures unless there is a specific event going on (and even then I forget too).

There was a time that I used to scrap almost daily even if it was only for 15mins at a time. It was my 'me-time', my time to relax and unwind. To re-spark my creativity and get myself scrapping I'm going to set a goal to make at least one layout (either one or two pages) each week this year - aside from any pages I may make specifically for demonstration purposes and/or pages completed at crop days.

While I'm setting goals for this year, I just thought of another one. PRINTING pictures. Since going digital a few years ago, my computer has filled up with beautiful photos but I rarely take the time to get them printed. I'm making it a goal to have photos printed at least once a month this year. I figure if I'm making at least one scrapbook page a week this year the photo albums I store my pictues in will empty out quickly so I'll need to replace those scrapped photos with a whole new batch of memories waiting to be scrapped.

So, there they are. My 3 scrapping related goals for 2009:

1. Take at least one daily-life picture every day.
2. Make the time to scrap at least one layout each week.
3. Have a batch of pictures printed each month.
and all of those add up to a 4th goal........
4. Have a scrapping good year!

What are your scrapping goals for 2009 ?

No comments: