Thursday, March 26, 2009

A tale of two blogs

I'm torn between two blogs.

This one and one that looks almost exactly like it but with a different name.

When I created this blog I thought using my name as part of the title would be a fine idea...... This is after all my little scrap room in cyber space. Only problem is, on a google search my blog also comes up when the name of a certain "adult" site is searched for and through my stats tracker I've noticed quite a bit of traffic from people who sure aren't interested in scrapbooking.

I did a little work a couple days ago and created a new blog, transfered the archives over and it's almost a direct copy of this one.

Where I'm torn is that even with the exact same content, the new blog does not come up in google searches at all. Not ever. I don't completely understand the reason why but am I really willing to give up being top bill on some searches in an effort to avoid those other search results.

I think I'm going to give it a try and hope that with time the search engines start showing An Occasional Burst of Creativity - my new blog, instead of this one.

So.......go check it out www.burstofcreativity.blogspot.com bookmark it, tell your scrapping friends about it and head over to that one for your scrapping fix for now and we'll see how it goes. Sorry for the inconvenience but I think I would just feel better if I didn't attract the attention of adult site searchers.

Tomorrow's TGIF - Weekend Challenge will be posted over there instead of here and I'll leave this one sit un-updated for a little while and see what happens.


~K

No comments: