Thursday, March 12, 2009

TGIF - Weekend Challenge #2

You ready for this weekend's challenge?


I'd planned to have this posted much earlier today but I ran into a snag. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something fun for this and I wanted something that said "spring" because quite frankly, all that snow - and it's fresh, clean beauty....I'm so over it.


What says "spring" to you? Is it puddles and rain boots? Flowers and green grass? Open toes shoes (with no sock...oh i so can't wait!) and pretty painted toes?



I found this really sweet serving tray yesterday while shopping that shouted "spring" at me. It inspired me with it's brown and green checker board pattern and big white daisy flowers and bright yellow, blue and pink colours. I went back today thining I'd buy that sweet bit of inspiration but I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for it. I just couldn't do it. Only thing is, I'm stuck on that serving tray now. It's all I can think about and can't seem to come up with any other bits of inspiration. See - it happens to all of us - this creative block.



I popped around the net a bit and came up with a sketch from http://www.pagemaps.com/



This is one of their March 09 sketches.






Use it as your inspiration to be creative this weekend......and if you already have spring where you are - send me some because I'm done with winter.




Happy Scrappin Weekend





Oh.....wait, before you go. I know this is last minute but I forgot to mention it earlier in the week - there is an online crop going this weekend. It startes tonight, Friday - March 13th at 7pm cst. Check out my friend Kat's blog for details and a link to the festivities. Kat's the events coordinator for an online scrapping site & I'm sure she's got some sweet challenges lined up for us tonight. For those who've never heard of an online crop, it's held in an online forum and there are challenges posted, often there are games, chances of winning a prize or two and lots of chatting back and forth between the online participants. Check it out if you have a chance. It will be a lot of fun!




~K

No comments: